Welcome to the United States Virgin Islands
The 21st Legislature of the Virgin Islands created the Department of Tourism on May 8, 1995. The Department is primarily responsible for the economic development of the Territory through the promotion of tourism and related activities. Other responsibilities include the formulation, implementation, administration and coordination of programs and policies pertaining to all aspects of tourism. The Department is under the supervision of the Commissioner of Tourism.
The mission of the Department of Tourism (DOT) is to increase visitor expenditures to aid in the economic development of the Territory.
The Department of Tourism will position our islands to be the premier destination of choice for travel from North America, the Caribbean and... Europe.
The Department of Tourism was established on May 8, 1995 as an executive department. The department was formerly a part of the... Virgin Islands Economic Development & Agriculture.
The Department’s strategic plan is based on the following core goals:
- To increase the overall revenue expenditures of domestic and international visitors in all segments (cruise, overnight, yachting)
- To enhance the tourism product and improve community awareness of the role of tourism to the economy of the Virgin Islands
- To ensure the uniqueness of each island is represented in our strategy and to build brand equity for each island.
- To create linkages between Tourism and overall economic development that creates opportunities for Virgin Islanders.
- To develop new opportunities to expand development